Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Aria Trattoria

Last Friday was one of those gorgeous summer days where the thought of sitting couped up in an enclosed air conditioned building was just too much to bear. And so, my coworkers and myself decided to head over to the Ronald Reagan Building and International Trade Center to enjoy Aria Trattoria's patio. Because I'm still relatively new to the office, I didn't want to scare everyone by taking pictures right off the bat. And so, our started of "fresh" bread was not photographed. The bread was served in a cone shaped vessel and it was cold. Yes, cold. Did not bode well for our food.

Two of my coworkers ordered panini's. This is one of them.

For about $9, she seemed to enjoy her food well enough.

I ordered the pulled chicken salad which arrived in the following fashion.
The presentation was certainly interesting and the chicken salad itself was quite tasty. However, the puff of very thin bread it was served in was stale.

Nevertheless, a good time was had by all as we were in and out in less than 90 minutes and the final tab was reasonable, given the princely location. Not sure I would ever recommend that someone go to Aria for the food, but maybe the patio.

No comments: