Sunday, August 3, 2008

2Amys

On Thursday night, Mr. BW and I went to 2Amys with Brother and SIL BW, who are visiting from California!

I started with a glass of Grotto del Sole, which was fizzy! Fizzy! An interesting red to try, but I don't think I would do it again.

For starters, we ordered some oven roasted olives and the supli a telefono to start. The supli a telefono is deep fried risotto croquette, stuffed with bufala mozarella! It was delicious!
For our main courses, Brother BW had the margharita extra.
I had the Santa Brigida + Sausage topping.
I can't remember what SIL BW got, but here it is:
Because Mr. BW is a daredevil, he had the Two Amys + sardines.

All in all, our food was delicious. We've heard so much hype about 2Amys and how great it is, and while the pizza is delicious, I'm not sure it's the best pizza I've ever had. And I've eaten my fair share of pizza. That being said, it is definitely authentic Italian style pizza that, if you are in the DC area and love pizza, should give it a shot. Prices are reasonable, but since it's not metro accessible, those who rely on public transit may have issues getting too and fro. Nonetheless, it's too much of a Washington institution to pass on. We went on a busy night and were seated in less than 3o minutes.

No comments: