Friday, July 25, 2008

Greek Taverna (Old Post Office)

Sometime around noon, my stomach started grumbling and I decided to jump across the street to the Old Post Office and visit the food court.

The Old Post Office from across the street.
As you can see, it's a beautiful old building. They just don't make them like this anymore. Above, a statute of Ben Franklin, printer, philosopher, founding father (I'm not being a corn ball, this is what the statute actually says around the base).

As an aside, when you search on the US Post Office website for the nearest post office to my building (which is catty corner from the Old Post Office building), the nearest post office is called Ben Franklin Station. Now, you would be a very silly ridiculous little Asian girl to assume that the Ben Franklin Station Post Office is in the building called the Old Post Office building, with the statute of Ben Franklin outside. No, the Ben Franklin Station Post Office is actually across the street, in a nondescript building. Silly me.

Anyhow, back to the food. Mr. BW had kindly agreed to meet me for lunch and we decided to visit my favorite stop, Greek Taverna. We ordered two original gyros, one order of fries, a diet coke.

All this for less than $14! What a steal! A fancy place it is not:
But it sure is delicious.

No comments: